"Dandruff is caused due to lack of hydration in your scalp, which makes the scalp dry and flaky. We will look at some time tested remedies that will eliminate dandruff completely and help you let your hair down with confidence. "
Dry and itchy scalp is a growing concern among people from all walks of life. Increased pollution, excessive usage of chemical-based hair products and poor lifestyle practices have led to the growth of dandruff problems. While dandruff itself is a major concern, it can lead to several hair problems like hair fall, hair thinning and skin diseases on the scalp.
Ancient alternative sciences like Aromatherapy are the solution to all your queries. Using the goodness of essential oils and their healing properties, Vedaearth curates unique formulations that effectively cure your root problem, giving you your dream locks.
In this blog, we will briefly discuss the causes and effects of dandruff and the best way to remove dandruff. We will also talk about the best natural dandruff shampoos for the best dandruff treatment.
Dandruff: Cause and Effect
Dandruff is a chronic concern which when aggravated, requires medical attention in severe cases. We take a look at some of the most prominent causes of dandruff. Later in the blog, we will introduce you to some natural remedies and products that will help you deal with dandruff without having to worry about any side effects:
Oily, Irritated, and Dry skin
Seborrheic dermatitis, a skin condition that is characterized by irritated and oily skin, is a severe form of dandruff and is the most common cause of flaky scalp. Sensitivity to hair care products may also manifest through flaking, irritation, and redness of the scalp. If you have dry skin, it is quite natural for you to have a dry and flaky scalp, which results in dandruff.
Not Shampooing Regularly
A dirty scalp can lead to the accumulation of skin cells, creating flakes and causing itching on the scalp. Hence, it is necessary to keep your scalp clean by washing your hair with natural products. Be sure to use moisturizing cleansers that contain the goodness of herbal oils that avoid drying your scalp.
Yeast and Other Dermal Conditions
When a yeast called Malassezia feeds off the oils on the scalp, it may cause excessive growth of skin cells. In some cases, medical conditions of the skin like psoriasis and eczema may often extend to the scalp and cause dandruff.
How do Anti Dandruff Shampoos Work?
Anti Dandruff Shampoos majorly address three concerns:
- Control the production of skin cells on your scalp
- Prevent the growth of yeast
- Manage the oil production on your scalp.
- Crush some basil and neem leaves to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp, and allow it to dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Its antibacterial properties help prevent dandruff and boosts hair growth.
- Use fresh lavender flowers or lavender extracts in your choice of base oil.
- Apply this concoction to your scalp and massage it.
- Wash it off after 20-30 minutes.
- Its soothing nature helps refresh the scalp and is the best way to remove dandruff.
- Take a few drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Mix it with your shampoo or add it to your hair oil and massage your scalp.
- Use a natural conditioner post rinsing
- Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory property helps reduce dandruff and redness.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it well with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Apply this on your scalp and use your fingertips to massage your hair gently.
- Keep this for 20 minutes and then wash it off with a shampoo.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the scalp and prevents dry and flaky scalp.
- Steep chamomile flowers in hot water or use chamomile essential oils in a base oil.
- Apply it to your hair and scalp and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild natural shampoo.
- Chamomile helps with dandruff treatment, promotes hair growth and prevents split ends.
- Extract fresh aloe gel from a leaf
- Apply this gel onto your scalp for 10 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with water.
- It repairs dead skin, hydrates the scalp and promotes hair growth.
Most anti-dandruff shampoos contain Zinc Pyrithione (ZPT) that addresses the above-mentioned concerns. In addition to this, components like Salicylic Acid, Coal tar, and Ketoconazole help treat other scalp related conditions. With repeated usage, these products successfully remove dandruff and prevent further growth.
However, the major point of concern when using these medicated shampoos for dandruff treatment is that they affect your hair strands differently. These chemicals are harsh and have adverse effects on the hair and scalp. Hence, it is advisable to switch to natural anti-dandruff shampoos that use botanical extracts to cure dandruff while maintaining your hair health.
How to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally?
Dandruff is completely treatable using home remedies that have no side effects. These healthy practices not only work on eliminating any signs of dandruff but also provide the necessary nourishment to your hair. Discussed here are some natural dandruff remedy:
Basil and Neem Paste
Tea Tree Oil
Coconut oil and lemon
Vedaearth’s Products for Dandruff Prone Scalp
Vedaearth is synonymous with 100% natural, vegan products, curated with care from the wholesome goodness of Aromatherapy. Our sulphur-free Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is laden with the goodness of Basil and French tea tree. It is perfectly apt for controlling dandruff and its side effects like flaking, itching, drying and oiliness of the scalp. Not just that, it revitalizes and cleanses the roots of the scalp, without ripping it off its natural oils.
Vedaearth’s Tea Tree Essential Oil is 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation of leaves of the native Australian Melaleuca Alternifolia. Enriched with antimicrobial properties, it serves as a magic potion for dandruff - the best way to get rid of dandruff.
Check out our exclusive hair and skincare range, creatively crafted to suit your unique hair and skin requirements.